Saturday, August 17, 2013

BAck in the groove...

Back in the Groove


I tell you, all this spiritual self improvement would wear you out. Today I have to say yes to the Universe. Nod my head up and down and say yes. So the commute is spent nodding yes. I’m at my desk nodding yes. By lunchtime I’ve a crick in my neck and my shoulders are tight.  My mind is wandering away from work and all round the houses of whats, ifs and ands. It’s enough to drive you to drink. Stop! Mindfulness, Ghráinneog! Place all unpleasant thoughts in File 13 and shred. Mindfulness to the present, which is lunch. Pay attention to drinking the tea. Bite of the ham sandwich. Savour the flavour. Drat. There’s no fecking mustard on it.

“WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR I DON’T EXPECT TO SEE THE SAME PERSON. THE PERSON IN THE MIRROR IS THE OPPOSITE TO ME, THE INVERSE, AND EVERY MORNING…”  ?

So I decided to do what an extremely successful and famous entrepreneur does… he stands in front of the mirror first thing every morning and tells himself he’s wonderful. Amazing Brilliant. Sexy. Whatever you’re having yourself. So that’s what I’m going to do. Every morning.  Also the Tibetan Rituals the yoga teacher showed me. The whirling like a dervish. The camel pose. The plank and down dog combo, I think comes next.  The flinging your legs up over your head. He swears they change your life. Well that’ll be fun. Better not do those in front of the bedroom window. The neighbours will think I’ve finally gone round the twist. Oh yeah. In order to do all this good morning stuff, you’d want not to have a hangover. That might be the trickiest part….

No comments:

Post a Comment