Sunday, November 3, 2013

Discomfort Zone...



Discomfort Zone

Right. Back to the self-improvement. Disciple. Focus.

I removed self-help book #11 from its spot holding up the offside leg of the bedside table. 3 deep breaths, Centre yourself. Read and absorb.

Task 1# Move out of your comfort zone. Think of something that appeals to you, that you might dream of but which you’d never actually attempt – and do it.

Ok. I like fun and laughter – and company. I love comedy. I admire people who can make other people laugh. What would bring me right out of my comfort zone- stand up comedy? Right. That’s what I need to do.

What have I got to lose? Face, that’s what. A lot of it if I fall flat on it. Stilll- people say my stories are funny. Why not try to perform them? Yes why not. If it works, it’ll be great. If it doesn’t well I'll have learned something. That I’m not that funny. Suppose I freeze….No I couldn’t do it. Yes I could try it. Re-write some of my stories for performance? Work out a little comedy routine? Yes. No. Maybe.

THE ANNUAL DOGS DINNER
I’m talking to a human dynamo, a go-getter, someone who’s not afraid to express opinions/do things/be out there. I confide my desire to step out of my box, have a go at it, how afraid I’m am of making a fool of myself. Go for it, she says. You’ll regret it if you don’t try…

No comments:

Post a Comment