Monday, April 14, 2014

How are y'all?

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I think that divorce is  something that you crawl through, fall through, feel like an alien through and anything else besides. It's not something I wanted or ever envisaged happening to me. I got married in a church, felt it was a spiritual commitment, serious stuff,  all the rest. I dislike the word divorce; consider it an  ugly word, an ugly thing. Which is not to say that there are situations which need to be sorted out, fast.

A church annulment is an option; an expensive, other option. I'd have to do that on my own, pay for it myself.  It ain't cheap, although it leaves one free to marry again in a Catholic church, should one wish to do so. Not on the radar at the moment...if ever.

I met someone I hadn't seen in years. He was divorced. Well, he said, have you gotten over the shame of being  the first person in your family to get divorced? I was floored.  I don't know why, I couldn't reply. There should be  no shame or guilt, surely?  For my part, I know I did everything I could, but yes, I hate to say the D word. I really do.

Some  bit of me still believes in love, romance and happy ever after. Maybe that's foolish, romantic. Unrealistic. You'll think I should have copped on by now. But  I still think what we all  need is someone who is there. Just there, but absolutely there. With proper, man size hugs. That's an important part of men's work.  No agendas, just the proper application of man size, wrap around hugs.

 So now that the big stuff is getting sorted, allegedly,  where do I go from here? I don't know. I wish that I could say that I had it all sorted out but I don't. I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment