Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Welcome back, Interweb, I've missed you

I have been without technology at home for a fortnight, due either to the incompetence of a telecommunications company or my own lack of knowhow. Neither a technophile or a technophobe, maybe a Technosaur. Just can't get with the (new) program.

It's strange. I feel disconnected in more than an electronic sense. The only reason I can post now is because I'm in an evening class and supposed to be doing something else. Reminds me of being in school and having a novel inside the  textbook.

It seemed new connectors were required. Having booked time off work and waited in 5 hours yesterday for a Technician to call with the new connections needed, I lost my temper, dashed off a letter cancelling the contract and mailed it by registered post. (Well since the 'phone and email aren't working, it had to be done via snail mail.) Is it too much to expect  a company to show up at SOME stage over the 5 hour time slot given, or even call you on your mobile 'phone? Unprofessional!  Discourteous! My opinion of the company was already low. Yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've signed up with another service provider but it will still be 5 days approx. before I am in e-communication with the outside world. I really miss being able to chat with my emigrant siblings residing on the other side of the Alantic Ocean. Ok rant over. Apologies from the disconnected. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment