Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wine and Rhyme (Should really be called Wine and Roses...)

The personal becomes the political and the political becomes the personal... Poetry has the ability to express what is otherwise not easily expressible...(I need an espresso to figure this out)...Philosophically the quality of something is expressed in  itself...e.g. "The quality of a stick is "stickness"".
? Hello?

 Is the quality of me then "me-ness?"

I'm giving up seeking a  philosophical approach to the D question and going to lie down in a darkened room.

Poetry - that's a different kettle of fish. I dug out an old, worn poetry anthology and re-read some old favourites. Trouble is, I'm reading through a different lens now;

"The red rose is a falcon
and the white rose is a dove.
The red rose speaks of passion
and the white rose speaks of love.
But I send you a cream-white rosebud
with a flush on its petal tips
for the kiss that is purest and sweetest
leaves a flush of desire on the lips".
Anon. Irish c.9th Century.

That's it - off again down the poor-me trail. So I held a pity party to which I invited myself,  a bottle of wine and a six-pack of cheese and onion potato crisps... Very difficult to have an erudite conversation with a cheese and onion crisp. They don't seem to read much poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment